The Minis rugby season is re-starting on Saturday May 1st and running each Saturday up to May 30th.
We want to finish the season on a high note and under the current restrictions we are highlighting the guidelines which allowed us to run safe and enjoyable Rugby in Naas RFC from September to December.
Lead by Mick Cahill, our COVID officer, the executive and all the leaders and volunteers of the various groups we want to ensure that all players will be safe but also have the same enjoyable environment that Naas RFC has always offered.
The club forum for communication is ClubZap. No other forum will be used for team communications.
It will be the only way which you, the parent, can fill out the COVID forms which must be completed before every training session.
Players have to be turned away from training if their parents haven’t filled out the COVID form in advance.
Some may have turned off the notifications feature on the ClubZap App, a reminder to switch it back on!
Rugby & COVID
Attached is the map for Saturday mornings showing the route for cars and where the teams will be training. It also shows the position of the sanitising stations.
Below is a reminder of the main guidelines:
· With the exception of the mixed ability group, the Under 7’s and the under 8’s, no parents are allowed out to the pitches. We ask that parents remain in their car. With the 3 groups mentioned only one parent is allowed to attend and that parent must complete and return a COVID form (via ClubZap) in advance. (If any of you from the older groups want to be on the pitches please let me know or you coaches)
· Please have the kids ready for training before they arrive, boots on etc. They need to go directly from your car to their pitch.
· The sand pit (parking area) will now be a one way system, drive in at the top corner, pull down to your right if you are parking or head straight to the bottom gate if you are dropping off. Parents are welcome to stay but they must stay in their car. (unless from the 3 groups above).
· The club house and dressing rooms are closed.
· There will be one way routes on and off of the sand pit for the players. Everyone going to Smurfits (11’s & 12’s) will enter through the bottom gate as usual, there is a sanitising station there. Everyone leaving Smurfits will do so through the gap in the hedge at the top, there is also a sanitising station there. They will then enter the sand pit through the gap at the centre top, there are 2 sanitising stations there.
· The hope is that parents will be back to collect their kids on time and parked on the sand pit. The kids will go straight to their cars and leave.
· Timings will be as follows:
Mixed Ability 09:30 10:30
Under 7's 10:00 10:45
Under 8's 10:00 10:45
Under 9's 10:00 10:50
Under 10's 10:00 11:00
Under 11's 10:00 11:00
Under 12's 10:00 11:00
Thanks in advance for your co-operation and patience and we are really looking forward to welcoming our players back to the club.